This took place Tuesday 15th April and all went well again
1. Present, Paul Matthews (Chair), Paul Simpkins (Secretary), Roy Cotton (Treasurer), Neill Rank (Captain) and 7 members.
2. Last Year’s minutes accepted as a true record.
3. There were no matters arising
4. Chairman’s report touched on several successes from last year. The Waterfront festival at Brasserie Blanc, The Open Day, winning the York League.
5. Treasurer’s report showed a loss for the year of £653-59. There had been major expenditure on the new terrain but several large donations had paid for this exceptional item. Xmas dinner accounted for £85 of this and delay in presenting a cheque inflated this figure. We have stock of 21 club fleeces which have been paid for (approx £400) and when sold will add to club funds and be set against the loss.The treasurer expressed cautious optimism.
6. All existing officers stood for re election. They were proposed by Malcolm, seconded by Pat and elected unopposed. The Secretary informed the meeting that his time was limited as he was moving further away from Leeds and had other commitments.
7. Developments for 2104. We will repeat the Waterfront petanque weekend and discussions are underway for closer links with the Brasserie Blanc. There was discussion on recruiting new members and the limitations of the terrain. Links with Tour de France 2014 have started with a continental cafe event at the Corn Exchange and another terrain being built at Kirkstall Abbey for their festival. The playing calendar was adopted although there may be changes to the Harrogate fixtures.
8. It was suggested that members volunteered to rake the terrain to even out the work load on other members who do it regularly.
9. Consideration was given to the competitions in the playing calendar. Members say they wanted to continue with them. Secretary requested that members turned up 10 minutes in advance of start times on competition days as latecomers meant that games had to be re-drawn which caused disruption and penalised those who were early. Treasurer said there was enough in funds to provide prizes for competitions in 2014.
10. Members were asked to sign up for the blog as this is the primary method of communicating with members. If they don’t know how to please ask a teenager or contact the Secretary.
Meeting closed at 2045