The agenda for today’s Annual General meeting is as follows:
2. Review of last year – Chair and Treasurer
3. Election of Club Officers
4. Club Commitments 2018/19 including League Play
6. Club Uniform
7. Terrain Works Planned
Brief minutes of our AGM held in 2017 below:
1. Present, Paul Matthews (Chair), James Brownjohn (Secretary), Mike Bulmer (Treasurer), Neill Rank (Captain) and members.
2. Last Year’s minutes accepted as a true record.
3. There were no matters arising
4. Chairman’s report touched on several successes from last year including; the Kirkstall festival, the Open Day, and participation in the West Yorkshire league and other leagues.
5. Treasurer’s report showed the club’s accounts remain in a good position supported by new members and little expenditure within the year.
6. The existing officers for club chair, captain and secretary stood for re election and were appointed.
7. It was confirmed 2017 will include repeating our support for the Waterfront festival and Kirkstall Abbey festival. Playing in the new West Yorkshire league and continuing to play in the York league. Plus we will have some professional coaching from the English Petanque League trainers. The second Memorial Match for Roy will take place and we will be joined again by members of his family and from Harrogate Montpellier Petanque club for a match.
8. Agreed the annual club members fees will be determined at the start of next year at the AGM.
9. More club fleeces and polo shirts were needed and it was agreed it would be looked into.
11. Pam asked the members about how they would like to participate in the West Yorkshire league as this year it was challenging to get a team together for every match. It was agreed the usual members who participate would be asked first and then all remaining members.
12. A local game rules was agreed where if the player throwing the coche does not make it land within the required distances then the other team can place it where they deem fit within the required distances.
Just a quick reminder it’s our AGM meeting today in the club house.
Session starts at 6pm and we will play until dark or rain comes followed by the AGM.
Please come along if you can,
We start the Tuesday evening sessions again this Tuesday 27th March. Sessions start at 6pm and we will play until it’s too dark.
This Tuesday is also our Annual General Meeting in the club house so please come along and participate. It will be a light agenda.
Due to the snowy weather we’ve decided to cancel tomorrow’s session at 11am.
Perhaps go sledging or build a snow man instead 🙂
Please find below the eight dates of the home and away matches for the West Yorkshire League 2018.
We need your support to make up a team to participate in the league so please add them to your diaries and next Sunday we will check who is available:
1. Tue 24 Apr – 18:45
Home Match – Leeds v Mirfield
2. Fri 04 May – 13:00
Away Match – Harrogate Montpellier v Leeds
3. Tues 15 May – 18:45
Home Match – Leeds v Heckmondwike
4. Tues 22 May – 13:00
Away Match – Huddersfield v Leeds
5. Mon 28 May – 10:30
Away Match – Mirfield v Leeds
6. Tues 5 Jun – 18:45
Home Match – Leeds v Harrogate Montpellier
7. Wed 20 Jun – 10:30
Away Match – Heckmondwike v Leeds
8. Tues 26 Jun – 18:45
Home Match – Leeds v Huddersfield
Please note: the dates and times on the the Northern Pétanque website for our home matches are currently incorrect. Please go by the dates and times on our Leeds website.