Brief minutes of our AGM held in 2017 below:
1. Present, Paul Matthews (Chair), James Brownjohn (Secretary), Mike Bulmer (Treasurer), Neill Rank (Captain) and members.
2. Last Year’s minutes accepted as a true record.
3. There were no matters arising
4. Chairman’s report touched on several successes from last year including; the Kirkstall festival, the Open Day, and participation in the West Yorkshire league and other leagues.
5. Treasurer’s report showed the club’s accounts remain in a good position supported by new members and little expenditure within the year.
6. The existing officers for club chair, captain and secretary stood for re election and were appointed.
7. It was confirmed 2017 will include repeating our support for the Waterfront festival and Kirkstall Abbey festival. Playing in the new West Yorkshire league and continuing to play in the York league. Plus we will have some professional coaching from the English Petanque League trainers. The second Memorial Match for Roy will take place and we will be joined again by members of his family and from Harrogate Montpellier Petanque club for a match.
8. Agreed the annual club members fees will be determined at the start of next year at the AGM.
9. More club fleeces and polo shirts were needed and it was agreed it would be looked into.
11. Pam asked the members about how they would like to participate in the West Yorkshire league as this year it was challenging to get a team together for every match. It was agreed the usual members who participate would be asked first and then all remaining members.
12. A local game rules was agreed where if the player throwing the coche does not make it land within the required distances then the other team can place it where they deem fit within the required distances.