Leeds Petanque Club
Covid19 Risk Assessment
Open tournament play where large numbers of members from other clubs would be present is suspended until national guidelines change.
League play would be possible under current guidelines since a maximum of 12 players are involved but the leagues will not resume before Spring 2021 at the earliest.
The following guidelines apply to club sessions
The club chairman is normally present at all club sessions and he will ensure the guidelines are adhered to . In case of his absence he will arrange for a replacement for that session.
The Leeds terrain can accommodate XX simultaneous games. To ensure adequate distancing between games thereby allowing players within a game more space there will be a maximum of XX simultaneous games allowed. This is also in line with the maximum of 30 allowed to take part. Seating for players is not currently available.
(XX to be decided upon on Sunday 6 September)
In line with Petanque England Covid 19 rules
- Players must not handle any boules other than their own
- each player must use their own coche
- plastic circles are not to be used
- equipment such as tape measures should not be shared
- social distancing must be observed particularly when picking up boules after each end.
Recording of club members present
This will be done by the club chairman (or his appointed replacement). Contact details for all club members are readily available so all that is required is a list of attendees
Sports association Clubhouse
The clubhouse is available for toilet access
Other areas are not currently available
Male and female toilets can only be used by one person at a time. Vacant/ occupied sliders have been installed???
Club members should queue outside the building if necessary .The clubhouse maybe being used by other groups?
Members should lock the door behind them to prevent access for general members of the public unless the doors have been wedged open during times of frequent access
A face covering must be worn within the clubhouse
- Handwashing, where available (as a minimum before leaving home and as soon as returning home)
- Remind members not to attend sessions if they are unwell and especially if they have a persistent cough, a high temperature, or loss of smell/taste
- All attendees MUST follow government guidelines on self isolation
- Club members must provide their own hand sanitiser
- The use of face masks while at the terrain is a personal choice
Use of the School Premises
We have been told we can continue to use the School premises after term starts in the next week or so. However there are a couple of important provisos;
# Tuesday evenings will continue until the clocks go back, but no members should arrive on site prior to 6.00pm, to avoid any contact with both pupils and staff.
# Members must not approach any members of the school staff, respecting social distancing at all times.
This is all in line with Petanque England’s current guidance and should be strictly adhered to.